Thursday 15 August 2013

Modcloth Surprise

Just a super quick post tonight.

I arrived home last night and sitting on my laptop was a parcel!! I had totally forgotten that I had ordered a few things from Modcloth.I love, Love LOVE Modcloth. They have a great selection of fun and quirky styles in clothing and housewares. They also have a lot of classic looking basics that are all great quality.
I have could spend ours browsing through all the lovely styles and patterns they have. But I have been stung by postage fees before. Luckily it wasn't terrible this time but being based in the US it makes my sad Aussie dollar look a bit weak now.
ere's my little haul from Modcloth:                                                        







Cherry Picking Top: $29.99 rrp M
Super cute and somewhat sheer bright orangey red top. Sleeveless and breezy, all tied together with a lovely bow at the neck.
I always read the comments and reviews before I buy anything and for the most part the worst thing people had to say was that it didn't suit their body type or the fabric was a bit thin. All things I am willing to forgive as I already have a top in this cut and the thinner the fabric the less I have to worry about the endless 30+ degree heat.


  Fresh For The Pickin' Skirt: $54.99 rrp (bought for $37.99) L
How adorable is this print!! It was love at first site so I just had to get it. Vivid strawberry and raspberry print. Knee length A-line design. What isn't there to love? Best thing yet IT HAS POCKETS! There is no end to my love of dresses with pockets. Especially pockets that are actually usable and aren't just for show. The reviews said that the sizing ran a little small so I sized up just in case. I really can't justify spending money on something I can't really return (or can't be bothered). I think I could easily fit an M though. 





Boldest Of The Bunch Dress: $89.99rrp (bought for $69.99) L
 When I saw this dress in my hands I literally went bananas! Although this isn't available at Modcloth anymore it's still floating around directly from Folter as part of their Retrolicious range.
I am very glad I read the reviews for this dress. It's amazing but it definitely is a smaller run. In an A-line dress I'm usually a M or S this dress definitely wouldn't fit in anything other than an L on me.

Keep an eye out after I return from Europe. I'm starting something exciting and it may include a lot of super cute retro and rockabilly designs. You may see these guys popping up again in future blog posts.

1 comment: